Let's Get Social

Thursday, July 23, 2026

Throwback Thursday

Welcome to another edition of Throwback Thursday a chance to mix old favourites with new goodies!


Today’s card design is inspired by playing along to several challenge blogs:

Try a Sketch on Tuesday #TSOT700 - love the starburst encore opportunity. 


Double Trouble challenge #221 Thing 1 challenge 3-2-1 to use at least 3 colours, 2 layers, 1 Holiday image. Thing 3 Twisted Sister prompt use alternate to traditional Christmas colours - bring on the pink! Thing 2 double dare to use the TSOT sketch. 


Colour INKspiration challenge #CIC214 Fresh Freesia, Melon Mambo, Berry Burst, Granny Apple Green and Old Olive.

Another round of Tic Tac Toe #tttc297 middle row Any Color, Free, Sentimental. 


INKspirational Christmas in July #372


Stampin’ Fancy Friday embossing challenge.


I’m getting inky with the All is Calm card kit from 2025 (still available at time of posting), retired Snow Burst and Winter Snow embossing folder and  Fresh Freesia, Melon Mambo, Berry Burst, Granny Apple Green and Old Olive inks.


Love the crisp white on white starburst background created with alternating embossed triangles. I also changed the colour palette of the All is Calm kit by flipping the trees over and sponging colour onto the white backs to work with the alternative colour palette. 


Happy Stampin’

Margaret 
Live, Laugh, Love
Be Totallyawake4-life




12 comments:

  1. A lovely stand of pines in the pretty colors Margaret! The deer and ornament with the bow added to the sentiment adds a lot of interest! Thanks for joining us (again!) at Inkspirational: Christmas in July! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a creative way to make your design work for many challenges and I really like your design. Those trees are so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Double Trouble, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna - I love doing challenges it’s like they are the pieces of the puzzle and I have to put it together to see the final design. 🫶🏼

      Delete
  3. Margaret, what a beautiful card! I absolutely love how you used the embossing triangles to create the pattern in the TSOT sketch, and your sweet montage of trees and deer with the button!! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at both Double Trouble and TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna - it was a fun challenge! I love the starburst effect!

      Delete
  4. Love the embossed and raised rays for dimension make an excellent snow feel background and the soft non-traditional tree colors against the white is perfect. Beautiful card... thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble and TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, this is such a cool Christmas card! I love that the background is white, but you used different embossing folders to make the rays! Thanks for sharing with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great decision to alternate embossed panels for the starburst background. Love the multi-colored trees. Thanks for joining us at Try A Sketch On Tuesday.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Margaret! You are a Top Three winner at TSOT #700.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!!! This is so gorgeous!!! I love the challenges you combined and you brought them together perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete