Friday, January 25, 2019

Comparison is the Thief of Joy

I  love this quote! It is weigh in week this week in the Epic Life Challenge and many of the amazing support community is posting their successes which of course makes it harder for the ole brain not to try to 'compare' how much more someone might have lost or accomplished in the past two weeks than I may have ... but I cannot and should not compare my journey to theirs.

We may be doing the same challenge but we are not the same people - we might be starting at a different journey than others, our bodies are different, our whys are different, our over goals are likely different!

A success on my scale is not negated because someone else comes around and had a 'bigger' success on theirs!

We need to refrain from the 'I only lost X pounds' or the "I only got to the gym 3 times this week' that is the stinking thinking of the brain and focus on the I LOST X pounds and I pushed my body 3 times this week at the gym! They are positive movements in the direction we want to go and we should celebrate that!

We've got this! Focus on the positive of where you are going and what you want and you will get there!

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life

No comments:

Post a Comment