Monday, February 11, 2019

Protien Power Petite Bars

As you know by now if you follow my blog Breakfast is so not my forte - I am typically not hungry when I first wake up and will often skip breakfast as a result. To help with ensuring I start my day off right and keep my blood sugars balanced throughout and avoid those lows that lead to me making poor choices later in the day I have taken to prepping 'easy breakfast' options lately! 
This Protein Power petites recipe is one of the ones from the Epic Life challenge this past September and I am in love with it!  You can batch cook this recipe because they freeze amazingly well and just defrost in the microwave for a tasty quick breakfast option! 

If you are doing the 'balanced plate' eating you can either have 6 bars on the go or you can balance 3 bars with a cup of plain Greek yogurt flavored with an Epicure Sweet Dip and some berries and a healthy fat choice of nuts or seeds sprinkled on top! 

   

What You Need:
  • 2 C  quick oats or gluten-free oats
  • 2 scoops Protein powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp  Cinnamon, or Chai Spice
  • 1/2 C egg whites
  • 3/4 C  unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 C 2% plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 Tbsp Epicure Cocoa Crunch or Tutti Fruity Whole Food Sprinkle 

What You Do


  1. Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
  2. Place oats in a food processor and blend to the consistency of flour.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix oat flour with remaining dry ingredients.
  4. Whisk egg whites with remaining wet ingredients. Fold wet and dry mixes together.
  5. Stir in whole food sprinkle.
  6. Divide batter by heaping tablespoonful among petites or small muffin mold and bake 12–15 minutes. When cool to the touch, flip mold onto rack and twist to pop out petites.
You can easily tweak this recipe by adding in different flavor combos - I sometimes add a wee bit of pineapple puree and than change out the Cocoa Crunch or Tutti Fruity for Coconut Lime sweet dip and add shredded coconut. You can add other dried fruit like Craisins and change the Cinnamon or Chai to a pumpkin pie spice combo - options are endless depending on what you are craving!

While you can make this in any muffin mold I think the petite bar pan from Epicure is amazing and a must have purchase if you do not have one  - I love it for perfect portioned brownies and cheesecakes as well cause it allows for that sweet tooth fix without a huge serving temptation. I can freeze them and pull out just one for those days I just need a little something something!!!

Have a great day

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life

No comments:

Post a Comment