We had a craving for pub grub over the holidays but unfortunately most actual pub grub is so not Celiac friendly and well I am frugal paying for a pub drink when we can make a Bailey's over ice at home for a fraction of the cost I would rather just stay home put on some music and have our own pub grub night in ~ so that is what we did!
These are a tasty hit in the house ~ grain free and totally crispy just like a pub grub wing or in my case drum cause I only like the drums!
Spicy Paprika Chicken
What You Need
- 2 lbs. chicken wings and drums
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smokey paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayene pepper (adjust more or less depending on your heat preference)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rinse meat well.
- Mix spices in a small bowl
- Place chicken pieces in a ziplock bag and spices
- SHAKE IT to cover ~ I like to leave it marinade in the spice over night in the bag
- Cook in oven on 350F until internal temp is 160F or we like them on the BBQ for the extra smoky flavor.
- Serve with veggies and dip for a nice pub grub feel! (I tried a new Paleo inspired hummus for mine)
I love these just plain like this and that is how they look in the photo but if you like a 'glaze' for your chicken my spouse loves this Sriracha based sauce brushed on his as they are BBQ and than uses any leftover as a dip while eating.
What you Need
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup sriracha
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 lime - juiced
- Combine in a small bowl and mix well. Let stand at least 20 minutes to blend the flavors.
- If you want to have some for both basting and as a dip divide the bowl into two halfs. Use one for basting on your meat and set some aside the other for your dip
- Can store any leftover dip (from the bowl that was not contaminated with a basting brush or anyone actually dipping meat in it) in air tight container in fridge for several weeks.
Have an amazing day!
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much