Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Technique Tuesday - dual embossing

Welcome to another edition of Technique Tuesday - today I am sharing the dual embossing folder technique.


My final design was inspired by playing along to a few fun challenges: Sunday Stamps Sketch reminded me of the fun of a dual embossed design. #SSC395


Global Design Project has a Halloween theme #GDP567
Just Add Ink has a for the kids theme - nothing more nurturing of your inner kid than Halloween Fun! #JAI795


Sweet Stampin’ has an autumn theme and Halloween is my favourite part of  autumn.


INKspirational has a fun fall mood board that made me hungry for Halloween! 


I’m getting inky with Web of Fun bundle, Swirl of Magic embossing folders, Seasonal Cheer embossing folder, Wink of Stella, Scenic Coast sequins, Timid Tiger and Gorgeous Grape inks.


Tutorial - it’s an easy one that packs a fun punch of texture!


1.  Choose your two embossing folders and run your card front through your machine - can do them both at same time as shown or one at a time if your worried about your paper slipping. You can do straight as I did or on an angle. 

2. Once your card front is double embossed create a scored border using a scoring board. I find this step helps your dual embossing POP better but it’s an optional artistic choice.

3. Complete your final design as desired - I kept a large enough space between my two embossed areas for my sentiment but lots of artistic expression on how much of a gap you leave or if you butt the design right up against each other. 


Final design is a fun Happy Halloween card perfect for the granddaughter! She’s going to love the glittering shine of the Wink of Stella on the web. 


Happy Stampin’

Margaret 
Live, Laugh, Love
Be Totallyawake4-life 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute, Margaret, and I really like the multiple EF textures! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete