So this week Ian the Elf has sent us with the challenge to bake something tasty for a community helper ~ so we opted for some tasty Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Ian the Elf ~ Share a Treat to Eat
Policeman, Firefighters and soldiers where no capeBut they work real hard to keep us safeProtecting us for a better tomorrowOur many unsung community heroes!So this Christmas season is the perfect timeTo let them know that they really are divineThey work long hours away from homeOften leaving their families home aloneSo why not make them a special treatSomething ooey gooey and fun to eat?Let them know they are appreciatedAnd for all their work they should be congratulated!
These cookies are just yummy ~ so easy to whip up. The recipe makes about a dozen which is perfect for the daycare group size but if you want more for leftovers you will need to double or triple it!
Grain Free and Tasty Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
What You Need:
- 1/3 cup coconut flour ~ more if needed to get consistency correct
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt - optional
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Mix the coconut flour, salt, eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract together thoroughly with a whisk. Will start out runny but firm up as coconut flour soaks up your liquids. If it feels too runny add more coconut flour a tbsp at a time until it is a cookie dough thickness
- Add dark chocolate chips and mix to distribute evenly.
- Roll into balls and spread evenly on parchment lined or greased baking tray ~ makes about a dozen cookies should do the trick.
- Pat down with your hand as they do not really 'spread out' like a normal wheat based cookies
- Bake on the centre rack for around 10-15 minutes ~ depending on the texture you want ~ less for chewy and more for crisp.
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much