Ian the Elf brought the crew everything we need to make our annual hand print keepsake ornaments ~ this year we voted for a Tree theme!
What You Need
What You Do
- Wipe glass or plastic with rubbing alcohol to remove any oily residue
- Paint childs hand and place firmly on the ornament ~ you can orient it either fingers up and closed or down and spread open for the branches we opted for up so they would fit on the ornament.
- Place paint side up into a plastic cup to dry.
- Once dry you can revisit and decoarte your tree adding lights with toothpicks or fine paint brush dots and tinsel or stars and whatever the child wants. Let dry again.
- If using clear ornaments you can carefully remove the hanging top as they are fairly fragile and glitter them up by spraying the inside of ornament with hairspray make sure to direct spray to cover entire inside and than use the funnel to carefully pour in glitter.
- Cover top with your thumb or return the top and shake to distribute glitter. Repeat as required to get full coverage.
- Add a ribbon to your hanger hook!
- Wrap and put under the tree for the big day!
Hand print ornaments are always a hit with loved ones ~ something extra special about capturing their little hands for prosperity! If you missed our other post on the 10 keepsake hand print and photo ornament ideas you can view it here
Have an amazing day!
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much