Thursday, September 10, 2015

Boats are DA BOMB!

OK remember I am a recovering 'picky eater' here so those of you who've been eating zucchini forever bare with me as these have been on my list to try for a long time ~ for some reason they frightened me so I would always walk past them in the grocery store and say 'next week' ... I think it is because they look so much like cucumber and well cucumber does not like me for some reason. Not sure what I ever did to it but it will attack me something fierce when it passes my lips!

So I was very pleasantly surprised when we added these to the daycare rotation and like a good role model I believer if I am serving something to the children I need to 'eat it' too unless I cannot for allergy reasons. These were so tasty they are now on the weekly rotation and we are trying lots of 'variations' in the meat and veggies and cheese added to mix it up!

Slice Zucchini in half and create your 'crevice' for your boat

Add your favorite sauce ~ for the kiddies I use pizza sauce
For myself I used Red Hot's Tabasco sauce, Pesto or Salsa cause I like spice

Fill the boat with your favorite toppings ~ we used onion, peppers, bacon, cherry tomatoes. 

I sprinkled with some Epicure Poco Picante seasoning for mine cause I like it SPICY but really anything goes  with what you fill it with ~ get inventive!  

Top with cheese of choice ~ we used some cheddar mozzarella mix here.

Bake in the oven on 350F for about 20 minutes until the zucchini is al dente and the cheese is melted to your preference ~ I like crispy cheese! 

Zucchini Boats always receive 10 thumbs up around the table here! 

Have an amazing day!
Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

No comments:

Post a Comment