Friday, September 11, 2015

Paleo Pancakes

2 Ingredient pancakes   
Pancakes has to be one of the kids and MY favorite morning routines ~ breakfast is not my strong suit for eating as soon as I wake up but PANCAKES were always one of the few things my stomach seemed to tolerate. Making the move to giving up gluten meant finding new pancake recipes and well now a days there are lots of 'mixes' available to make that easier and result in lovely fluffy pancakes akin to the normal 'wheat based ones' HOWEVER with making the further move to give up 'grains' all together I was back at the keyboard searching out options and came across several blogs that showcased 'two ingredient' pancakes ... how much cleaner can you get that TWO ingredients? However I admit I was skeptical cause how much like a 'real pancake' could they be?

 So in my conitnuing effort to actually 'make' what I have been pinning verse just drooling over my keyboard ~ we gave them a try this week!

Paleo inspired pancakes ~ yummy!

What you need
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 2 Eggs

What you Do
  • Puree banana with a fork 
  • Whisk 2 eggs and add to banana puree
  • Heat your griddle 350F ~ I spritzed with coconut oil cause wasn't sure about sticking
  • Scoop out SMALL about 2 tablespoon portions. I used my Pampered Chef small scoop for mine. Smaller is better as these do not 'flip' with the same ease as normal pancakes I had to use two flippers to carefully flip mine so they did not turn in on each other.
  • Once you flip cook until spongy and egg is cooked through.
  • Serve as desired ~ I did not feel ours needed anything extra such as syrup or icing sugar sprinkles because the banana makes them sweet.
Bakers Note
While the original recipes I  pinned had just the two ingredients mine ended up with 3 ingredients ~ cause I added some cinnamon to ours as I have one who is not a banana lover and wanted to help mask that flavor a bit. 

I think like any pancake you can also add 'add ons' to them such as chocolate chips, blueberries, walnuts and top as you like! This recipe makes about 6 small pancakes and I have easily doubled the recipe by doing 4 eggs and 2 ripe bananas. 

These were also pretty tasty 'cold' as well although admittedly they go a little rubbery texture wise when they get cool but the kiddies seemed to still enjoy them.
 
Two Thumbs up for Two Ingredient Pancakes
These were a total hit around the table - every one wanted seconds. For those readers who like me were wondering about texture they are more of a 'crepe' consistency than a fluffy pancake. If you really need the fluffy pancake texture I read another recipe review that suggested added 1tsp baking powder to them. They do have a hint of the banana flavor but if you add cinnamon it does help to cut that down a bit. 

Have an amazing day!
Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

No comments:

Post a Comment