|Chevre Stuffed Strawberries|
We had a potluck cocktail party to go to yesterday so I brought one of my favorite go to appetizers to share!
These are SO very tasty but also very easy to make which is my kind of appetizer!
What you need
- 1 lb of Fresh Strawberries - ideally local grown organic cause they are so sweet
- Medjool dates
- 1 small package of Chevre Goat Cheese - original flavor
- Pecans enough for each strawberry
- Romaine lettuce for garnish optional
What you do
- Rinse and core your berries and than cut an X in the top about half way down the berry to create a little crevice.
- Split the date length wise and pull out pit the date if not already done
- Stuff the crevice carefully with the Chevre careful not to 'split' the berry but if it does you can usually use the cheese as 'glue' to keep it together.
- Top with a pecan half ... if you want an extra sinful treat use a 'candied pecan' or leave some plain for those who do not care for nuts.
- Place on a serving plate and watch them fly off at your gathering.
|Our preferred date for 'stuffing'|
|Chevre ~ Goat's Milk Cheese|
What is YOUR go to appetizer for social gatherings?
Have an amazing day!
Life well, Laugh Much, Love Often