This the Christmas season for the start of work and family potluck parties and the enjoyment of tasty appetizers with friends over great conversation ... we are heading to one this weekend with my other half's Civil War reenactment troop and this is one of the offerings we are bringing ... we are well known for our desire to spice up everyone's life so of course it is sometime that has a little heat.
Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
What You Need
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ teaspoon vinegar ~ rice or apple cider
- ¾ teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked, crisp and crumbled
- Smokey Paprika
What You Do
- Hard boil the eggs and let cool. Peel
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise
- Remove the yolks and put them in a mixing bowl
- Mash the egg yolks with a spoon
- Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, ground mustard to the mashed egg yolks and stir until well combined and minimal lumps
- Mix in the jalapenos and bacon
- Fill each egg hole with the mixture
- Sprinkle with paprika
- Chill until ready to serve
Cannot wait to share them with everyone this afternoon ~ like a good cook I sampled one to make sure they were serve-able and just a nice hint of heat to make them a unique alternative .... next time I might try this combo but with avocado in place of the mayo as an option but my other half is not an avocado lover and requested I make 'normal' style and well since this one is a 'his side' party I aim to please!
Have an amazing day!
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much