Love me a great BOGO! Enjoy the invigorating and energizing properties of mint with Spearmint and Peppermint essential oil. For today only, buy 1 Spearmint and get 1 Peppermint FREE!
Here are just a few reasons to consider why this BOGO is a must shop!
|Peppermint Essential Oil|
Peppermint Mentha piperita
Some of the most common peppermint oil benefits according to Dr Axe include:
- Reduces stomach aches
- Soothe digestive issues
- Freshens bad breath
- Relieves headaches
- Antimicrobial properties
- Improves mental focus
- Clears respiratory tract
- Boosts energy
- Releases tight muscles
- Cost-effective natural solution to replace pharmaceutical drugs
Some of my favorite Peppermint Oil Uses
- Muscle Pain Relief – Peppermint essential oil is a very effective natural painkiller and muscle relaxant. It is especially helpful in soothing an aching back, sore muscles and achy joints, and melting away a tension headache. It is one of the main ingredients in the doTERRA® Deep Blue® blend as a ready made massage aid. Peppermint can also be mixed with Lavender can be used in a bath or foot soak to help improve circulation.
- Sinus Care and Allergy Relief – Peppermint acts as an expectorant and may provide relief for colds, cough, sinusitis, asthma, and bronchitis and as it is highly effective a relaxing muscles it is great for opening up nasal passages to allow for the draining of mucus.Inhaling diffused peppermint oil can often times immediately unclog your sinuses and offer relief to scratchy throats and colic. As a result it is great for diffusing during both allergy season and cold and flu season as well as combining with Eucalyptus for a chest rub when congested!
- Beauty routine – Love having peppermint as part of my hair care regime ~ great for stimulating the scalp and helps to wake you up! Because it is a powerful antiseptic, peppermint can also help reduce dandruff and chances of getting head lice.Peppermint oil has calming effects on skin inflammation. You can mix peppermint oil into lip balm and body lotion for a nice cooling sensation. Mixing peppermint and lavender essential oils can improve eczema and psoriasis when applied topically. Thanks to anti-microbial properties of peppermint is an excellent ingredient to help cure acne flare ups. Peppermint oil can also hydrate burnt skin and relieve the pain from sunburns. You can mix peppermint oil with a bit of coconut oil and apply it directly to the affected area I love to add some to my nutri-hydrating Mist from Aloette to combine the healing properties of Aloe with the benefits of peppermint!
- Marvelous Mouth - I have recently started 'oil pulling' and peppermint is one of my favorite things to add along with my doTERRA On Guard blend® . My dental hygienist has commented on the reduction of plaque between my visits which is awesome and well it helps my mouth smell minty fresh without all the worrisome ingredients in store bought mouth wash! I have also noticed that peppermint when mixed with clove works great at reducing the 'sensitive tooth' pain I have had in the past!
- Better than a RED BULL – feeling a little sluggish in the morning, after a workout or while trying to study? Peppermint is great for awaking the mind, body and spirit ... again diffuse it, apply it topically or take a drop by mouth.
- Digestive aid - love using peppermint to sooth nausea either adding a drop or two to water or rubbing behind the ears or diffusing in the air. The muscle relaxing components of peppermint also seem to help with symptoms in my gut after having had a gluten exposure reducing the bloating effects .
- Reduce Hunger Cravings - seriously I have been having great success with this use ~ using my 'aromatherapy' necklace to hold peppermint for when I find myself craving something 'sweet' or if you do not have a necklace take a few deep breaths direct from the bottle or put a couple drops on temples or even add a drop to your ice water! I alternate between this and the doTERRA Slim and Sassy® blend for my 'tea'
|Spearmint Essential Oil|
Spearmint Mentha spicata
Health Benefits of Spearmint Essential Oil ~ source
The various medicinal properties of spearmint essential oil can be found below.
- Antiseptic: This oil works well as an antiseptic for wounds and ulcers, protecting them from becoming septic or developing other infections, while also helping them to heal faster. These antiseptic properties are due to the presence of components like Menthol, Myrcene and Caryophyllene.
- Antispasmodic: This property of Essential Oil of Spearmint comes from its menthol content, which has a relaxing and cooling effect on the nerves and muscles, and helps to relax contractions in the case of spasms. Therefore, it is frequently prescribed to provide effective relief from spasmodic coughs, aches, pulling sensations and aches in the abdominal region and intestines. This includes it ability to soothe muscle strains or cramps, nervous convulsions, and even spasmodic cholera.
- Disinfectant: The antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties of Essential Oil of Spearmint make it a disinfectant. It can help get rid of both internal and external infections. It is particularly effective in protecting internal wounds and ulcers, like those in the stomach, food pipe, and intestines, from infections. In ancient Greece, it was used to treat infectious diseases like Scabies, Dermatitis, Athlete’s Foot, Syphilis, Gonorrhea and other infectious or transmittable diseases.
- Carminative: The relaxing properties of Essential Oil of Spearmint induce relaxation in the intestines and muscles of the abdominal region, thereby helping the gases formed in stomach and intestines to pass out of the body naturally. This provides relief from many health concerns, including uneasiness and restlessness, insomnia, headaches, stomachaches, indigestion, loss of appetite, chest pain, vomiting, cramps and other related symptoms.
- Cephalic: This oil has a relaxing and cooling effect on the brain, which removes stress on our cognitive center. It helps people to concentrate, and since it is a cephalic substance, it helps to cure headaches and other stress related neural problems. This oil is supposed to be good for the overall health and protection of the brain as well.
- Emenagogue: Problems with menstruation, such as irregular periods, obstructed menses and early menopause can be solved with the help of this essential oil. It promotes the secretion of hormones like estrogen, which facilitates menstruation and ensures good uterine and sexual health. This also delays the onset of menopause and relieves certain symptoms associated with menstruation like nausea, fatigue, and pain in the lower abdominal region.
- Stimulant: This essential oil stimulates the secretion of hormones and the discharge of enzymes, gastric juices and bile, while also stimulating nerves and brain function, and promoting good blood circulation. This keeps the metabolic activity at a high rate and also boosts the strength of the immune system because stimulating blood circulation boosts immunity and toxin removal.
- Restorative: The function of a restorative is to restore health and maintain proper functioning of all the organ systems operating in the body. A restorative also helps to repair the damage done to the body and aid in the recovery from injuries and wounds. It also helps people to regain strength after long bouts of illness.
- Insecticide: Spearmint essential oil is an effective insecticide and keeps away mosquitoes, white ants, ants, flies, and moths. It can also be safely applied on the skin for protection against mosquito bites. Spearmint essential oil is sometimes used in mosquito repellant creams, mats, and fumigants.
- Other Benefits The Essential Oil of Spearmint can help treat asthma and congestion due to its decongestant properties. It also relieves fevers, excess flatulence, constipation, sinusitis, acne, gum and teeth problems, migraines, stress and depression. Being far lower in menthol content, it can be safely given to children to relieve their various ailments.
Have an amazing day!
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much!