We are working on getting more 'fish/seafood' into the menu rotation ~ a constant work in progress for myself cause it is not one of the foods that I would 'crave' so the key is to find ways to prepare it so that it tastes like something I would crave ... so for me that means how to make it have a KICK of spice!
Chipotle Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon
What You Need
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons of chipotle pepper puree
- 2 small garlic cloves,minced
- 3-6 ounces of salmon per person being served. My spouse always eats twice the amount of meat serving as I do so 3 oz is plenty of salmon for me and the teenager but he'd eat 6 oz for sure.
|Chipolte Honey Mustard Glaze|
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary ~ if you want it spicier add more chipolte pepper puree if you want it more sweet add more honey and so forth to your personal taste ... I always sprinkle red chili peppers on my and my spouses section so that the sauce is mild for rest of family or leftovers for the daycare crew but extra kick for myself and my other half.
- Marinate the salmon for 2-3 hours in the glaze before BBQ or baking ~ about 1 tablespoon of glaze per serving of salmon spread over the flesh side of the salmon
- BBQ on a cedar plank skin side down over medium heat or bake in the oven at 350F aim for 4 to 6 minutes per half-inch of thickness ... so typically anywhere from 8-12 minutes until it is flaky with a fork.
- Serve salmon with rice or quinoa or cauli-rice and veggie of choice ~ can use more glaze to drizzle on your side dishes to compliment the meal.
- Unused glaze can be store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and used as salad dressing, veggie dip or on a sandwich.
If you are using a cedar plank ~ make sure to soak it for a good 6-8 hours in some water BEFORE putting it on the BBQ this will reduce the chances of it charring while you are cooking and allow you to get several uses out of a plank before having to toss it for a new one! These ones shown here have been used twice already and cleaned afterward with just water and my Enjo kitchen glove.
Nutritional Information for the glaze only
Nutritional Info for a 3 oz serving of Salmon
What is your favorite way to prepare Salmon?
Have an amazing day
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much