Nothing is more fun for me on a rainy day than baking with the kiddies to help pass the time and add some fun learning to our day! Baking is a great way to incorporate math and science lessons as well as working on those occasionally elusive toddler social skills naturally into your day!
I love the impossible pies because they are typically nice and easy all t he stuff goes into one bowl and just mix and pour recipe plus this one is one that left the house smelling divine for a Friday .... lemony deliciousness!
Impossible Lemon Coconut Pie
What You Need
- 2 cups of milk ~ we choose Almond Milk
- 1 cup of unsweetened flaked coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted or a non-dairy alternative like Earth Balance
- 1 cup of sugar or 1/2 cup of Truvia or other sweetener to taste
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
What You Do
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl using a spoon.
- Pour into a large 10"-12" greased pie plate or we prefer to do 'small shareable pies'
- Bake 350 F for 45 minutes ~ when cooking with children remember to SET THE TIMER cause its easy to get distracted!
- When done, the pie may be slightly wobbly in the center but it should firm up Remove from the oven and allow to cool, then refrigerate overnight if possible.
- Serve on its own or with some homemade whip cream or ice-cream!
While made with healthy ingredients and a nice macro balance of carbs, fiber, protein and fats please remember that this is totally a TREAT SWAP to be enjoyed on occasion for those who are on a weight loss journey!
Serving is based on 1/8 of the recipe and using 'Truvia' sweetener ~ the use of regular sugar or other sweeteners will increase the calories you can 'check' your calorie count using the Calorie Count app
We totally love this cause its a nice fresh light treat!
Have an amazing day!
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much