Normally when one attends a potluck gathering they bring one item ~ the joy of having allergies and restricting dietary needs you end up bring a few options to make sure that if nothing else you can at least eat what you brought and still have variety ~ so this weekend we brought Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs as well as these delicious Sriracha-Honey Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple tidbits and tomorrow I will share the Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken Bite recipe we also brought ... so I had a lovely variety of option to share with everyone!
Sriracha-Honey Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple
What You Need
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 lb thick cut bacon cut in half so one slice will wrap 2 pieces of pineapple
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 lime, juiced to make 2 tablespoons
- 2-4 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoon coconut aminos or if gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish if desired
- Preheat BBQ to 400 degrees F or your oven if preferred.Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Cut the bacon in half so you'll have twice as many strips to work with.
- Wrap each pineapple chunk in a piece of bacon and place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet and adhere with a toothpick.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, honey, lime juice, sriracha, and coconut amino's. Spoon a little bit over each piece of bacon-wrapped pineapple to glaze or baste with a basting brush. Sprinkle cilantro stems over the top.
- Grill on the BBQ for 30 minutes OR bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until bacon is crispy. I prefer the BBQ only cause the bacon will splatter the sides and well a splattered BBQ adds 'flavor' according to my spouse where a splattered over sets off our fire alarms.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve to guests.
BTW ... the glaze used to create these is also tasty on crockpot meatballs, pork tenderloin and shamefully admitting straight from the bowl with your finger!
Have an amazing day!
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much