So loving how versatile 'cauliflower' is and how it has gone from being a veggie I was forced to eat and often gagged on the 'bumpy floret texture' to now being a staple in my weekly meal plan!
Ricing it is so quick and easy as shown above in the video from over at PopSugar and you can make it be the flavor of whatever you are wanting it to be. This is my recipe for a very 'basic' Chinese Food inspired fried cauli-rice option as a side or for a meal at lunch.
Serves 4 as a 'side' or 2 as a meal
What You Need
- 1 head of cauliflower - riced
- 1 sweet onion - diced finely
- 1/4 cup of peppers - red and yellow add nice color diced finely
- 1/4 cup of white cabbage - shredded
- 1/4 cup of red cabbage - shredded
- 1/4 cup of grated carrots
- 1/4 cup of green peas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2-4 tsp coconut aminos for grain free or a gluten free soy sauce
- 2 gloves garlic - minced
- 2 eggs
- Fresh Ground Pepper
What You Do
- Melt coconut oil in skillet and coat pan
- Saute your onion, garlic until onion is starting to go translucent and than add your cabbage, carrots, peppers and peas and riced cauliflower and saute for another 4-5 minutes until veggies are El Dante.
- Spread veggies around the edge of the skillet and whisk in two eggs and 'scramble' and than stir into the veggies.
- Finally add your coconut aminos or soy sauce and more ground pepper to taste ~ stir to mix into veggies / rice.
- Serve with your favorite meat ... pairs well with chicken, beef or fish
Have you tried the Cauli-Rice yet?
If so what is your favorite version for it?
Have an amazing day!
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much