Thursday, April 16, 2020

Low Carb Sub Buns - Yes please!

Nom nom - so Paul has a craving for a meatball sub but with the Covid all of the gluten free bread products seemed to always be sold out when it is our grocery shop day so since I have nothing but time on my hands right now since I am not working I tried a pinned recipe for grain free low carb sub bun which thankfully had no yeast because apparently there is a shortage of that now too! 

This recipe from Divalicious hit the spot today and turned out not too bad for my first attempt at them!








I got a very good work out with the eggs - it has been a long time since I hand whisked anything because tend to use the blender and beat them however being my first time with the recipe I wanted to follow it to a tee so I whisked them until they were a meringue type peek! I really do think that the bread gets its fuffy texture from that step - so will definitely make sure to repeat it next time I make these!


Paul had his as a actual meatball sub to curb his craving but I have an aversion to soggy bread so I toasted mine with cheese to melt it and served my meatballs on the side! 
 

Bon Appetite

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life

No comments:

Post a Comment