Friday, October 23, 2015

All-Natural Deep Hair Conditioner


As I get older my hair seems to change 'texture' and it gets dry so EASY especially when I am coloring it to keep on top of the grey. Buying deep hair conditioning products or getting a conditioning treatment at a spa can totally add up, and most treatments contain unnecessary and often harsh chemicals that are not good for you or the environment.

As always dōTERRA to the rescue with a DIY recipe!  This homemade deep hair conditioner is easy to make and will leave your hair soft, smooth, and free of harsh chemicals. Because my hair is colored and extra dry as a result I love to do my weekly treatment overnight ~ I put it on before bed ~ gives me a little 'aromatherapy' while I sleep and the coconut and oils do their thing and than I wash it out in the morning when I shower! I also like to add a little Tea Tree oil to the recipe below because I work with young children and tea tree oil is a wonderful repellent of the 'little critters' who often take up home in school age children's heads! 

DIY All-Natural Deep Hair Conditioner

What You Need: 

  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 8 drops dōTERRA essential oils
  • Hand mixer
A few great essential oils for your hair include: Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary and Geranium. You can use one or all four of the essential oils in your deep conditioner. 

What You Do:

  • Put 3 tablespoons coconut oil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and essential oils into mixing bowl.
  • Mix on medium/high speed for 5 minutes or until the ingredients are whipped to a thick and creamy consistency. 
  • Once whipped, apply to clean dry hair. Comb through with a wide tooth comb to evenly distribute. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
  • Rinse, shampoo and style as desired.
  • Repeat once a week or as often as you desire. Enjoy your soft, healthy, and chemical-free hair!
 
What is your favorite blend for your hair? 
 
Have an amazing day!
 
Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds magical, Margaret. I'm always looking for new, truely silicone-free, ways to put more moisture back into my curls. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet ~ hope you enjoy the results as much as I have been!

      Delete