Monday, October 5, 2015

Do you Scrapbook?

https://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=VLRK-QP-1506-88791
My Memories ~ Autumn Owl designs
I love to scrapbook for me it is a great way for me to recharge my energy ~ and digital scrapbooking is one of my favorite mediums. I love digital scrapbooking for several reasons.  
  1. It is a mess free on the go can do it anywhere kind of hobby. 
  2. The supplies to do it take up minimum SPACE in the house - just need a computer or laptop and a way you go  
  3. Versatility - you can save your work to a digital file and share online with family or friends or download them to a digital frame to 'showcase' in your home.  
  4.  It is the most cost effective form of scrapbooking. Purchase a ribbon download and you can use it over and over again and never 'run out' of your favorite ribbon. Plus if you are like me and also like to 'traditional scrapbook' a digital scrapbook program is great for 'designing and planning' your pages before converting them to 'traditional' so can save you money on pages that you might start and 'not like' cause digitally you can tweak and alter until its perfect before making it 'real'. 
For years I used the My Digital Studio software from Stampin' Up! and was devastated to learn they were retiring that line and would no longer be offering new downloads, printing or support for it.


 Those who already know me will know that CHANGE of any kind is scary for me and something I instinctively have always resisted as a result.  HOWEVER the older and wiser I get the more I can remind myself that change can be AWESOME! Some of the biggest and scariest changes in my life have yielded me the best outcomes so now when faced with change I try hard to focus on that and work through the change with the benefits it can bring!



 So when faced with the loss of my favorite digital scrapbook program having any 'growth' I went in search of other options and found the My Memories Digital Scrapbooking was offering to support the My Digital Studio community with a conversion option to allow us to keep and use all our current downloads as well as support with continued new downloads, printing and other services. So I jumped on that chance and have to admit that I am loving the My Memories options even more than I loved My Digital Studio. I do miss that it matched so seamlessly with all my other Stampin' Up! products HOWEVER it is a small loss compared to all the things I have gained. 

These are some of the cool pages I have made while playing with the new program ...LOVING the dimension of some of the new digital embellishments the program has come with plus it has some 'quick page' options where you just open and drag and drop your photos into them! 
Nevada the spoiled princess cat!

Family vacation shot
My men!
So do you scrapbook? 

What's your favorite medium for doing so ... traditional or digital or like me a 'hybrid' type?

Do you like to head out to 'crops'? If you are local to London ON and are looking for someone to crop with I get together once a month and open up the craft room to others to come and crop for the afternoon. Participants bring your own consumable materials but cost of the afternoon allows you to borrow any of my stamps, inks and other tools to help with your creations! Check out my events page for upcoming dates.

Have an amazing day!
Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much



No comments:

Post a Comment