Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Technique Tuesday - Cling Wrap background

Welcome to another edition of Technique Tuesday - today I am playing with cling wrap to create a fun fall background. 


My final design was inspired by playing along to a few challenges: inspired By… Fall Leaves #IB409


Time Out Challenges #TOC323 I chose Circle with my Wreath and Harvest with my Glow of Harvest DSP to fussy cut pumpkins from it.


Double Trouble #DTC226 3 colours, 2 word sentiment, 1 autumn image (I added a little extra here with my wreath and add on elements) Thing 3 Twisted Sister pumpkins 

Hand stamped Sentiments challenge Autumn Mood Board #HSS498


I’m getting inky with Glow of Harvest DSP, Detailed Wreath accents, Greetings for All mix and match ephemera, Radiant Gems, unbranded gold twine. Garden Green. Darling Duckling and Golden Glow ink pads.


Quick process video for the visual learners.


Technique Steps are quite simple - you want to bunch up your cling warp to create a crumpled wad and dab onto ink pad and then paper and repeat with desired colours until you’ve achieved your desired background. 

Bonus tip: DSP not quite the right shade for your palette? It’s ok to colour it to get the look you want. 


My final design was a bit busy after all my clean and simple creations lately but I like it. 


Happy Stampin’ 

Margaret 
Live, Laugh, Love 
Be Totallyawake4-life 


No comments:

Post a Comment