Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Day 2 Epic Life Challenge

Day Two of Reset is done! 

Started off the day with an early morning start cause for some reason my silly brain decided that it would make up at 5am and just start thinking about all the things I want to EVER do in my life!! So figured might as well get up and completed my last day of a double April Fitness Challenge I was doing before 6am! 

This challenge combo has been great for helping to improve my core muscle strength although my back has started barking a little at me for the effort of trying to do both either that or the weather is getting better of me this past week can never bee to sure!





 Rewarded my hard work with this breakfast of champions! 

Hazelnut Smoothie

What You Need

What You Do
  • Toss it all in blender and blend until smooth

 Perfectly balanced with a slice of gluten free toast and a small banana sliced up! 


Lunch was left over Curried Apple Tuna salad but served as a melt and had some cheese on it instead of the veggie dip cause red peppers are tasty without dip but a Tuna melt is not a tuna melt without cheese!

I was powering through my day feeling strong - no cravings and than my loving spouse comes home from work bearing THIS gift for me .... they are from a gluten free baker locally and apparently there is a Easter Cream egg hiding in the middle of it making it extra chalked full of chocolatey goodness. Normally I could easily convince myself that they look better than they taste because gluten free baking is hit or miss on the texture and taste factor but than he added that he ate one at work already and it was a chocolatey mouth orgasm ... so now I KNOW that they taste as good as they look! 
 
Cranked my willpower up to 1000x and powered through with the plan for dinner which was Asian inspired Lettuce Wraps

 What You Need  for one serving
  • 4 oz lean ground meat - I choose lean ground turkey
  • 1/4 cup each of diced onion, celery, sweet peppers 
  • 2 tsp low sodium or gluten-free soy sauce - I need to limit my soy so I use Coconut Secret it is a great low sodium no soy alternative to soy sauce and is gluten free
  • 2 cups homemade or store-bought coleslaw
  • 1 tbsp Sesame Ginger Dressing just the dry mix
  • 4 leaves romaine or iceberg lettuce
 What You Do
  • Cook ground meat for 5 minutes in a non stick pan. Add in onion, celery and peppers and saute until el dente. Add in coleslaw mix and toss with the sesame ginger dressing and soy sauce. Just long enough to wilt the cabbage.
  • Scoop into lettuce leaves. Roll and enjoy.
 Perfectly balance with a grain such as whole grain rice you can add the rice right to the mix and  eat in the lettuce wrap or as a side dish! 
 

To get my mind of the evil temptation of the Chocolate Cupcake sitting on the counter I took myself to the gym early for a work out - got myself all changed into my swimsuit to do to the pool  and showered and went out to the deck only to find out a new schedule was released this week and there is now swimming lessons in the pool until 7:15pm so rather than going back home I went upstairs and did cardio workout! Thankfully I have been channeling my Girl Guide motto of always be prepared and have taken to keeping my gym bag packed for both cardio and pool options!

So far Day 2 is a great success! 

Tomorrow's goal is to take time to work out during quiet time because will not have time to do so in the evening! 
 
May also means a new 30 Day fitness challenge to try - going to do this duo with a few of the Epic Life challengers but will do a modified version of the first one because I cannot do a few of these moves due to knee and back injuries ... so the lunges I will do step ups instead, the plank thing I will do Bird Dogs and the squat thing I will just due normal squats! 




My other goal for tomorrow is to stay ON PLAN while dining out for a girls night out as we are heading out to a fundraiser for my friends loved one who passed away suddenly.


Have an amazing day! 

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life




No comments:

Post a Comment