Friday, April 26, 2019

Paint Pouring Night

One of my continued learning goals for my Continual professional development for the College of Early Childhood Education professional development is:
  • Ensure that I continue to maintain my passion for my work in face of the isolation of working alone at home.
  • Ensure that I practice self-care strategies and take time to recharge myself with things I enjoy doing.
  • Help organize and attend monthly professional development with home childcare colleagues to help each other with self care and reducing isolation.
To help ensure that this goal is met I regularly get together with fellow home childcare providers to network and engage in a fun night out connecting. Sometimes we do fun things to recharge and other times we engage in professional development and sometimes like tonight we combine the too .... Krisy has gathered us together in her home to host a paint pouring night so that we can learn how to do it and than bring our new skills back to the program with the children.

Here are some collages of our amazing night of collaborating and connecting over creating some cool master pieces! As you can see we are masters of reduce reuse recycle and did not want to waste the paint as we poured so used some stamped coasters that were duds to repurpose into poured paint coasters!
 







I am really looking forward to sharing this technique with the kiddies and have added the supplies needed to my wishlist to budget for in the meantime I picked up a cool spinning tray to use with art and just tempera paint for pouring with them!

If you are in the London area and would love to try out the paint pouring Krisy has a page on Facebook called Pouring Abstract that you can check out. She is great with both adults and children's parties! 

Have an amazing day!

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life



No comments:

Post a Comment