Welcome to another edition of Technique Tuesday here on the blog. Today I am playing with the Herringbone Technique a create way to use up scraps and show off DSP at same time!
Today’s design was inspired by playing along to a couple challenges.
Hand Stamped Sentiments colour palette #HSS496 Secret Sea, Cajun Graze & Pool Party
I’m getting inky with Fall for Fun, Painted Patch DSP, Nested Essential dies, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, Cajun Craze, Timid Tiger, Golden Glow and Pecan Pie dark blends, rhinestones coloured blue and unbranded twine!
Quick process video for the visual learners:
Technique is basically to use coordinating scraps of paper and lay them out in the repeating V herringbone pattern. My scraps are 3/4” x 4” in length. You can cover the whole front like I have or start higher up on page and do a partial and leave a portion blank. I used scraps from my scraps for the tiny sections to make the most of all my paper.
Love the final Herringbone pattern the design has a stunning effect. This little scarecrow getting a workout this Fall - I just love him!
Happy Stampin’
Margaret
Live, Laugh, Love
Be Totallyawake4-life





Wonderful card, Margaret. I love how your background and focal image work so harmoniously together - and that copper twine! Wow! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Tic Tac Toe.
ReplyDelete