Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Celebrate the Small Victories

My #NSV this 90 day challenge round is that while my body is doing it's winter resist to releasing any of its fat not matter what I do. This is a pattern that in my past experiences with trying to get back to my ideal body weight would cause me to throw up my hands in frustration and totally derail me from bothering to try. Instead I would drown my 'my body hates me' stinking thinking thoughts in a bag of Doritos and just totally go back to poor health habits that do nothing to help me in my goal!

This round I have kept at the plan and goal of moving more daily, going to the gym regularly and doing best to get back on plan when being ill or stressed or life has pushed me off momentarily! And while the scale has not moved much at all this challenge I was so excited when this month I went to Costco to try buying a size 18 bathing suit cause all the ladies at the pool were raving about them and their comfort and price point. So I figured I would give it a try and buy myself what I thought was going to be a 'goal' bathing suit to fit into for the END challenge!  So I had looked through all the size 18 selections as that is the largest size they come in (I have not shopped outside a plus size store in a decade) and I picked out a few that I liked cause at their price point I figured I get get a couple options to 'grow down into' and well I get home and try them on to see how grossly tight they were going to be to get a visual of my goal and well turns out I accidentally bought a size 16 and it FIT! The other size 18 I bought is actually too loose!
When I started this challenge in September 2018 I was wearing a size 3X bathing suit from Pennington that I paid over $100 for 'on sale' ... and 6 months into this Epic Life Challenge journey I fit into a size 16 bathing suit now and it cost me $19.95 .... so loosing weight, getting healthier and stronger AND I am saving money in the long run!

So for those who say 'eating healthy' is too expensive in my experience you actually SAVE money when you eat healthier because healthy food is more filling you buy less to get yourself full and satiated and you save money on your clothing section because with the exception of  normal size clothing is WAY cheaper than PLUS size clothing! 

So a great reminder that even though the scale might not be moving sticking to the plan still MATTERS because obviously while not 'loosing' pounds I am converting my abundance of fat to muscle which weights the same but muscle takes up weigh less space meaning smaller clothing!!!

Focus on those long term goals and do not let what appears to be short term set backs derail you! 



Take care

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life!

No comments:

Post a Comment