Sunday, March 3, 2019

Non Traditional Pizza yay or nay?

I am typically not one to mess with my traditional pizza - however lately have been trying to increase my palette and add variety to meals while still only having to 'cook once' with the more picky eaters in the house - so doing a 'build your own pizza night' and allowing them to stick to their traditional toppings and me to venture out will help to keep everyone happy! I am the first to admit that I eat with my EYES if something looks fun and appetizing to my eyes I am more inclined to try it. So when the lovely Leanne Cole from my Epic Life Challenge just shared this photo my eyes went WOW that looks delicious and now I just HAVE to try this recipe for Garden Ranch Pizza.

 What You Need
  • 1 recipe prepared Creamy Ranch Dip - I am going to use Epicures  
  • 1 (12”) prepared thin gluten free pizza crust or whole wheat no red sauce 
  • 2 cups of fresh veggies (I would likely do sweet peppers, spinach, cherry tomatoes, grated carrots maybe some broccoli tiny)
  • 3/4 C partly-skimmed mozzarella cheese, grated
  • 1/4 C 3 Onion Dip Mix seasoning - just the dry not prepared
  • 1/4 C parmesan cheese, grated
 What You Do
  • Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
  • Spread Creamy Ranch Dip on pizza shell.
  • Add vegetables and top with mozzarella, 3 Onion Dip Mix and Parmesan.
  • Bake for approximately 10–15 minutes, or until shell is golden-brown and cheese is melted.
Approximate nutritional info for 2 slices on a whole wheat pizza crust using greek yogurt to make the ranch dip - nutritional info will vary depending on the crust you use and veggie toppings and ranch dip of choice. 

Perfectly balance your plate by enjoying 2 slices of pizza with a side salad and vinaigrette dressing or veggies sticks and shown.

Nom nom nom!

So how about you are you one to venture out and trying alternative 'pizza toppings' or are you your tried and true red sauce and pepperoni and cheese toppings?

What is your favorite pizza?

Drop me a comment.

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life

No comments:

Post a Comment