Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Happy Pancake Tuesday!

If you are preparing for Shrove Tuesday today but have already given up sugar than these are a perfect way to celebrate! An encore recipe of our favorite pancakes! 

What you need
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 2 Eggs 
  • Option - Cinnamon

What you Do
  • Puree banana with a fork 
  • Whisk 2 eggs and add to banana puree
  • Heat your griddle 350F ~ I spritzed with coconut oil cause wasn't sure about sticking
  • Scoop out SMALL about 2 tablespoon portions. I used my Pampered Chef small scoop for mine. Smaller is better as these do not 'flip' with the same ease as normal pancakes I had to use two flippers to carefully flip mine so they did not turn in on each other.
  • Once you flip cook until spongy and egg is cooked through.
  • Serve as desired ~ I did not feel ours needed anything extra such as syrup or icing sugar sprinkles because the banana makes them sweet.
A big flat grill is a must when feeding 5 little's!
Bakers Note
While the original recipes I  pinned had just the two ingredients mine ended up with 3 ingredients ~ cause I added some cinnamon to ours as I have one who is not a banana lover and wanted to help mask that flavor a bit. 

Like any pancake you can also add 'add ons' to them such as chocolate chips, blueberries, walnuts and top as you like! This recipe makes about 6 small pancakes and I have easily doubled the recipe by doing 4 eggs and 2 ripe bananas. 

These were also pretty tasty 'cold' as well although admittedly they go a little rubbery texture wise when they get cool but the kiddies seemed to still enjoy them. You can do bulk batches and freeze them and than pop in the toaster to reheat them.
2 Ingredient Pancakes

These are always  a total hit around the table. For those readers who like me were wondering about texture they are more of a 'crepe' consistency than a fluffy pancake with just the two ingredients. However if you really need the fluffy pancake texture for those who are texture orientated when trying new things I have also added 1tsp baking powder to them to help fluff them up as well another time tried a scoop of protien powder to play with that texture - although I prefer them as the crepe myself I have had daycare crew who need that 'fluffy' to them. They do have a hint of the banana flavor but if you add cinnamon it does help to cut that down a bit. 

Have an amazing day!
 
Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life

No comments:

Post a Comment