Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Getting Inspired for Spring

I always find online sketch challenges a great inspiration and recently came across a new one thanks to Anne Granger a Stampin' Up! Mentor I follow who shared one of her challenge submissions! 

So this week I am playing along over at Global Design Project with the following sketch challenge as I needed to create a 'spring themed' card and was looking for inspiration and this sketch provided just the jumping point.


This is my card I created based on the sketch inspiration - I swapped out the orientation because it worked better with the frame I wanted to use.


Featuring the Stampin' Up! Floral Frames clear mount bundle  - I just love this stamp set bundle it is perfect for both card making and scrapbook layouts - I cannot wait to do a layout and use the wreath for photo frame focal point and than all the flower embellishments and the label will make a great spot to journal.

Floral Frames Clear Mount Bundle
I applied Lemon Lime Twist ink direct to the embossing folder before running though the Big Shot. It is easy to wash your folder with a gentle soap and water to remove any ink transfer in next project so do not be afraid to use color with your folders - adds a whole new twist to them!
Lemon Lime Twist Ink

Layered Leaves
The stamped image from the Floral frames was colored using the 2017-2019 In Color Stamp Write Markers Fresh Fig and Lemon Lime Twist and the Brights Rich Razzleberry to highlight

2017-2019 In Color Stamp Write Markers
The ribbon is the Rich Razzleberry Velvet Ribbon - I just love the texture that this ribbon offers to a project. So very soft!

Rich Razzleberry Velvet Ribbon

Had so much fun playing along and look forward to playing along again in future! Head on over to the Global Design Project gallery to see how other's interpreted this lovely sketch!

Happy Crafting

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life

No comments:

Post a Comment