Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Technique Tuesday - Inky Dry Embossing

Welcome to another edition of Technique Tuesday - today I am playing with an ole favourite - Inky Dry Embossing to make embossing folder details POP!


Today’s card design was inspired by playing with a few challenges:

Stamp2Cre8 Inky Fingers team challenge - 
we were given some Stitched Stocking DSP, coordinated coloured and white cardstock, the white circle die cut , piece of red stitched ribbon and a white button as embellishments and challenged to create a card by adding a card base, stamped images or dies and a sentiment.


INKspirational - Christmas in July challenge #372 



Tic Tac Toe challenges #tttc297 bottom row for the win - any die shape, layers and embossing.


Just Add Ink challenge #JAI790 to use dies or stencils I used dies. 


The Card Concept colour palette revisit this time I chose Real Red, Peaceful Pine, Gold Metallic and white.

I am getting inky the Stitched Stocking DSP, Stylish Shape dies, Stitched Red ribbon, a White Button embellishment, Festive Cheer stamps & dies, Swirls of Magic embossing folder, Real Red, Peaceful Pine, Gold Metallic inks, unbranded gold twine.  
 

I love the adding ink to embossing folder effect. I have added real red ink to the debossed (flat) side of the folder and embossed with white cardstock - the red really makes the white raised embossing pop. Another fun Christmas card ready for December mail out 


Happy Stampin’

Margaret 
Live, Laugh, Love
Be Totallyawake4-life

10 comments:

  1. What a festive inked/embossed background, Margaret, and lovely layers added on top - a fun sentiment with the added bow and button! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Christmas in July! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever technique Margaret, to make your white embossed card details pop! A beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The effect of the red inked debossing is wonderful. I love the traditional look of red and green with hints of gold. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inked and embossed background looks amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so beautiful Margaret - Thank you so much for joining us the month at The Card Concept xx

    ReplyDelete