Monday, January 17, 2022

Are you creating for YOU?



I often hear card makers expressing frustration that they worked for over an hour creating a card for someone in their life and the receiver tossed it aside like meh and moved on oblivious to the time, love and care that went into it. My response is that you are gonna burn yourself out and stop enjoying if your relying on others to validate your crafting! IMO the passion needs to be in the experience of the CREATING and all the benefits that gives YOU in the DOING of the things more so than any potential accolades the receiver might give in appreciation of your byproduct. 

Does it make me feel good when someone tells me they love the card or project I gift them? ABSOLUTELY! Seriously who doesn’t like positive reinforcement!  But that’s just an added bonus when that happens because I already got my return on investing and internal positive reinforcement in the  creating! In the lowered stress and calmness and energy that creating brings me! 

I create for ME and it’s an added bonus if I can pass my creations on to others and they get some joy too! 

Or that I make money from people who want to commission a project or attend a technique class cause they want to learn to create for themselves too! 

When the doing of something brings you peace, joy and energizes you it doesn’t matter if others care! And when you’re more focused on external validation it looses all those things and becomes “a chore” where your more worried about pleasing someone else than you are about enjoying the process of creating. 

Happy Stampin’

Margaret 
Live, Laugh, Love
Be Totallyawake4-life.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment