Thursday, May 16, 2019

Day 18 Epic NSV

Breakfast ... there is something extra tasty about the combo of chocolate and cinnamon! Plus they say that cinnamon is a great metabolism booster!

Lunch leftovers to the rescue ... love that plain greek yogurt curbs the sour cream craving but packs a healthy punch of protien!

Dinner was a #NSV as one of my poor eating habits has always been that it’s too much trouble to cook just for myself so whenever my spouse travels (which is a lot specially in summer) than I tend to always go to the fast convenience food or get REALLY lazy and resort to Doritos and sour cream with salsa and call it dinner you know cause all food groups in there with protein and veggies and grains except I would eat the WHOLE tub of sour cream 😳

 I would also tend to binge watch chick flicks he doesn’t enjoy watching and mindlessly snack in movie snacks like popcorn and chocolate and drink my Baileys - I would literally go out and stock up on crap food I “needed” for my “me time” with challenge being that me time was often EVERY WEEKEND!

I really struggled my first challenge to break that bad habit but made strides with it each time making better choices - so its May and full swing reenacting seasons starting again and he’s off for 5 days and I used my Epic Life toolkit and I planned ahead to cook up proteins and have my veggies stocked and prepped and ready to go and tonight I whipped myself up Mini Chicken Fajitas with a side salad 💕 I am WORTH the trouble it takes - seriously it took 15 minutes to whip this together cause chicken was already cooked just needed to stir fry the veggies and reheat chicken and the mini corn tortillas


Move more Challenge ... putting the Cha Cha in challenge thank goodness for REST days cause my barking back was happy to only have to do a partial workout!


At the grocery store today that stupid autopilot brain if mine whose spent the past 15 years with the “me time” ritual ALMOST put some mini chocolates in the grocery cart for “movie time” they were in my hand before the other side of my brain said “hey you don’t need that crap to enjoy some me time put it back”

It takes a lot of mental effort to rewrite the brain to stop bad habits - I had gone into the store with my list and thought I was on fleck and next thing without even consciously thinking it the chocolates were in my hand!

Not this time brain not this time!!!

Thank you Epic Life 💕💕💕

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life


No comments:

Post a Comment