Saturday, May 4, 2019

Day 6 Epic Life

Happy Saturday - I love Saturdays! 

Started my day with a breakfast of Greek Omelet with a slice of toast with leftover guacamole on it!


What You Need - 1 serving
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup of egg whites
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  •  1/4 cup diced sweet pepper
  • 5 cherry tomotoes
  • 2 cups spinach 
  • 1 tsp Greek seasoning 
  • 30 ml of Goat Cheese

What You Do
  • In a non stick pan saute onions for a few minutes to make transparent.
  • Add in remaining veggies spread evenly over pan - turn stove down to low
  • Beat Egg with Egg whites and pour over veggies
  • Sprinkle with Greek Seasoning
  • Place lid on pan and let cook until eggs firm
  • Sprinkle with Goat cheese and slide onto your plate
Balanced plate with a slice of toast with either peanut butter or avacado
 
Lunch was a late lunch after my hair salon appointment so needed something quick so had leftovers from freezer (benefits of cook once eat several times) 

Taco Soup - Makes approximately 8 servings 1 cup servings

What You Need
  • 1 pound ground meat - we like chicken or turkey
  • 1 Tbsp  vegetable oil (optional not needed if using non stick pan)
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 1 large sweet pepper, diced
  • 1 cup corn - frozen 
  • 2 Tbsp Epicure Vegetable soup seasoning
  • 2 tbsp Epicure Taco seasoning
  • 4 Cup prepared vegetable stock or bone broth
  • 1 can diced tomatoes - low sodium 
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
What You Do
  • Brown ground meat in non stick stock pan or 1 tbsp of oil if needed
  • Add in onions and saute until translucent 
  • Add in stock and remaining veggies
  • Simmer 25-30 minutes on medium heat.
Serve with corn chips and shredded cheese.

Dinner was 2 slices of Gluten Free Pizza with a tasty Greek Salad

I cheated tonight and used a Frozen pizza from Udi's - its my go too when I do not have time or energy to make dough from scratch and I am on my own for dinner so did not feel like going to too much work just for myself. I like the Margherita Pizza as my base and than I add some chicken and additional veggies to it and top with some goat cheese! Once upon a time I would eat the entire pizza but now I have 2 slices with a salad on the side and than save the remainder for lunch another day.
 Perfectly Balance your Pizza with a Greek Salad


What You Need for 1 serving
  •  2-3 cups of leafy greens
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1/4 cup sweet peppers
  • 5 cherry tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp Epicure Greek Dressing
  • 15 ml of goat cheese

What You Do
  •  Toss veggies and dressing in bowl and than plate on one side of your plate. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
I also had a scoop of Ice-cream for dessert with some raspberry puree - forgot to take a photo of that but self explanatory. I use my kitchen scale to weigh my ice-cream because a 'scoop' is not very uniform measurement and I know from past experience I have a tendency to do some pretty big 'scoops'!
 
Saturdays move more challenge started first thing in the morning to get it done before I got busy and forgot by getting busy with my Saturday morning workout of house cleaning and grocery shopping plus an afternoon walk!
 

Have an amazing day

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life






No comments:

Post a Comment