Ian the Elf arrived today with a afternoon snack treat for the boys inspired by his love for Santa Claus!
Ian's Santa Portraits poem
They say that Imitation is the biggest of compliments
So today I had fun playing with bunch of healthy ingredients
I put them together to make a fun Santa’s face
He’s made of strawberries, blueberries with a tasty yogurt base!
And because you’ve been so helpful and kind
I also used some of your marshmallows ~ hope you don’t mind.
I made them for you to all eat
A lovely little Christmas TREAT!
Santa Portrait Cups
What You Need
- Vanilla Yogurt or dairy free alternative
- Pomegranate seeds ~ I am lazy I bought them already seeded
- Mini Marshmallows
What You Do
- Put yogurt in a small bowl and set on a plate
- Use the fruit to arrange into the hat and face in the yogurt
- Keep chilled in fridge until ready to present to the children
Do you notice with children that when 'food art' is a great way to get them to try new foods? I have one little man who has a aversion to fruit ~ not his favorite texture and he often resists tasting his fruit to help his palette get use to accepting the new texture however offer him a SANTA HAT to eat verses a plain ole strawberry and suddenly he is gobbling the hat up and wanting more?
Have an amazing day!
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Post a Comment