Dairy Free Buttercream Icing
What You Need
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance or other non dairy butter substitute
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons coconut milk
What You Do
- With a hand mixer whip coconut oil and Earth Balance together until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and confectioners’ sugar, one cup at a time, mixing well between each cup
- Add milk, a little at a time, using less for thicker frosting and more for a thinner frosting.
- Whip after each addition until desired consistency is achieved.
- Colour as desired and spread or pipe onto your desired dessert.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week. Can 'freeze' if needed and thaw at room temperature.
|We piped this onto our grain free brownies|
You can also flavor this with peppermint extract or lemon extract and so forth as desired depending on what you are icing!
Have an amazing day!
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Post a Comment