Melting Snowman Sugar Cookies
Makes about a dozen cookies
What You Need for Cookie Base
- ¼ cup butter or ghee
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1-2 tbsp tapioca flour/starch
What You Need for Snowman
- Fuzzy Peach for nose or other 'orange' candy
- Pretzels ~ we used gluten free
- Black food coloring or gel for eyes
- Frosting ~ we like Dairy Free Buttercream
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the butter, coconut palm sugar, egg, baking powder vanilla extract and blend with a handheld blender for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add coconut flour and blend until combined.
- Allow the dough to sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add 1 tbsp of tapioca flour and knead dough until firm. If it is sticky or not firm, add another tbsp of tapioca flour.
- Dust a surface with tapioca flour and roll out to desired thickness
- Use cookie cutters and cut desired shapes and place on cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. We just did round for the bottom of the snowman but you can make any shape you want!
- Allow to cool before frosting.
Have an amazing day!
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Post a Comment