Friday, December 18, 2015

Elf on the Shelf ~ Santa's Favorite Hot Chocolate







Elf on the Shelf ~  shared Santa's BEST Hot Chocolate recipe!

It has been an amazing month of Holiday Cheer
Santa could not be any prouder of you my dear
You’ve done every task of which Santa could think
So now it is time to sit back and enjoy my favorite drink
A cup of homemade hot chocolate that is so tasty and fine
It is a very delicious and dairy free recipe of mine
I am happy to share it before I had back to the North Pole
I cannot believe the time has come again for me to have to roll!
I will be back again next year at the start of December
With lots of fun tasks and Acts of Kindness for you to remember! 

 The kids were very excited ~ they wanted to make it for lunch however I persuaded them to wait until AFTER nap cause even though it is low sugar I would still rather have it right before we can run it off outside! 

Dairy Free Hot Chocolate 
Serves 1
What You Need
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
  • 1 Tbsp unsweetened pure cocoa powder
  • 1.5 Tbsp dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate square chopped
  • Sweetener of choice ~ we use either coconut palm sugar or organic Stevia
  • 1/8th tsp peppermint extract or essential oil
  • Optional: Whipped Coconut Cream 
Instructions
  • Add almond milk to a saucepan over medium heat.
  • Once milk is heated through add the cocoa powder, chocolate chips and sweetener and whisk to combine.
  • Continue cooking on stove top until completely combined and has reached your preferred temperature.
  • Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
  • Lastly, add in your extract of choice – I think peppermint is truly unbeatable. 
  • Stir, and top with whipped coconut cream


This has to be my new all time favorite drinks ~ going to have to make an encore tonight and add a splash of Baileys! 

Have an amazing day!

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life

No comments:

Post a Comment