Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Elf on the Shelf Marshmallow Fun

I think that Ian is so missing the SNOW while he is here with us in the balmy 10+ degree freaky weather we are experiencing in Ontario right now! 

I do not think he is alone ~ lots of winter sports fans on social media who are missing the fluffy white stuff but shamefully I admit I am one of those Canadians who could do without the white stuff this time of year ~ I love FALL but our cold snowy winters are so not my favorite especially getting 5 children bundled up in winter gear ~ a light jacket and shoes is so much EASIER! 

So since he is missing the snow and building snowman ~ he brought the crew an invitation  to make some Marshmallow Snowman and forts and so forth!

Elf on the Shelf ~ Marshmallow Fun



Ian's Marshmallow invitation poem

I do not know about you, but I love to play out in the snow
Elves make fortes and snowman as the winter wind does blow!
But sometimes in the North Pole it gets so for every cold
That we cannot play outside “stay in the workshop” we’re told!
So when this happens to avoid getting ourselves in trouble
To the marshmallows and toothpicks we head on the double
We build our fortes and snowman inside the workshop
Having fun of our own and playing until Santa says STOP
So today I brought you some good old fashion elf fun
You can build with some marshmallows till the real snow does come!
The crew love this invitation ~ it was a lot of fun and when they were done I let them 'eat' one marshmallow from their structures for a treat cause the weather is gorgeous and we can run off the bit of sugar high that a marshmallow treat! 

I did not get too many photos of this years fun cause this crew, love them as I do, they can sense when my attention is divided and were using that as an excuse to try to do more 'eating than exploring' with their marshmallows. They had some nice 'toothpick' free towers being built although no one in this group but Ian and myself were inclined to actually want to build a snowman ~ they were more about building structures and trains and things!
 

A marshmallow TRAIN!
Raising a Roof up in here!
Making  a marshmallow circle while counting the 10 marshmallows!

Have an amazing day!


Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

No comments:

Post a Comment